Do you have a passion for pop culture? Do you binge watch the latest Netflix series in one sitting? Are your bookcases filled with collectible vinyl figures? Then CultureFly might be the place for you! Come join the swarm!
CultureFly is a growing licensed accessory company that specializes in direct-to-consumer pop culture subscription boxes. The design team is responsible for designing all the great items that are sold in our boxes, and we’re looking for a technical designer to help make those products come to life. The Technical Designer is an integral part of CultureFly’s in-house design team, responsible for providing tech packs featuring all specifications, color callouts, fabrications, etc.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications.
- Follow licensor style guides and recreate artwork when needed.
- Revise tech packs with updated changes.
- Create packaging for items using licensing assets.
- Revise packaging artwork with updated changes.
- Update board overviews.
- Review samples and make comments for production.
- Upload items into our internal system.
- Communicate with design team on a daily basis, as well as the licensing team and production team as need be.
- Experience creating detailed tech packs.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Understanding of different materials and how it could affect costing.
- Flexibility, versatility and adaptability, able to juggle multiple projects.
- Strong communication and ability to work in a team setting
- Working with licensed goods is not required but is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in design, illustration, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience.
CultureFly is home to a team of pop culture fanatics who strive to create amazing and original products for hardcore and casual fans alike. At CultureFly, pop culture is more than a passing fad. Pop culture is a way of living, a way of communicating, and a way to bring a community together where there is never a wrong way of expressing yourself. We take pride in developing unique, fun, and functional items that incorporate our love of all things retro, cartoon, comic, and more. CultureFly is the team behind the scenes responsible for the Pusheen Box, The Nick Box, The Office Box, the Friends Box, the My Hero Academia Box, and many more.
Job Type: Full-time
This role is based in New York, New York and is not a remote position.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume for consideration.