Junior Graphic Designer
Do you have a passion for pop culture? Do you binge watch the latest Netflix series in one sitting? Are your bookcases filled with collectible vinyl figures? Then CultureFly might be the place for you! Come join the swarm!
CultureFly is a growing licensed accessory company that specializes in direct-to-customer pop culture subscription boxes. Our marketing team oversees all aspects from website design to social media to sales presentations. The Junior Graphic Designer is an integral part of CultureFly's in-house Marketing team, responsible for creating engaging, on-brand materials geared towards our customers. They will design print, web, and social assets, telling a consistent brand story for each individual license. This position will integrate and support all aspects of the creative process by collaborating with cross-functional partners across the organization, including Marketing, Merchandising, Product Design, and Sales.
Note: Applications must include a link and/or PDF to your portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Create compelling marketing graphics, photography, and video that are both on-brand and meet company objectives
- Develop marketing materials for core brand, seasonal product launches, and promotional campaigns
- Product photography, glamour photography, photo retouching, and compositing
- Design compelling marketing campaigns, website updates, social media assets, digital advertisements, email blasts, sales presentations, and various other design needs that arise
- Experience with licensed or branded properties, or within a license-based company
- A thorough understanding of the necessary considerations in designing for multiple different licensed brands
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, able to create pixel-perfect and print-ready design files
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative startup environment with a proactive approach and positive attitude
- Able to take art direction, think critically, and ask questions as necessary
- Resourceful and willing to try new approaches to visual problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of design experience with a strong brand/license focus
- Portfolio demonstrating conceptual and production abilities
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity in Adobe InDesign, Premiere, and After Effects
- Previous experience with licensing, fashion, and e-commerce
- Video and/or animation experience
- Previous marketing copywriting as it pertains to ad and web design
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge and passion for all things pop culture
CultureFly is home to a team of pop culture fanatics who strive to create amazing and original products for hardcore and casual fans alike. At CultureFly, pop culture is more than a passing fad. Pop culture is a way of living, a way of communicating, and a way to bring a community together where there is never a wrong way of expressing yourself. We take pride in developing unique, fun, and functional items that incorporate our love of all things retro, cartoon, comic, and more. CultureFly is the team behind the scenes responsible for the Pusheen Box, The Nick Box, The Office Box, the Friends Box, the My Hero Academia Box, and many more.
This job is based in New York, New York.
Please e-mail email@example.com your resume and portfolio for consideration.